Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Friends Like Us

Beginnings of smiles that turn to laughter
Last a lifetime from here till after
Thinking of times we sat and pondered
The loves and the lives of those who wondered

Hard to keep special with life tugging hard
Points of light leaving us charred
As friends we look back and supported each other
Helped us all up, like our mother

But now it is time that the clouds are shifting
And picks us out like flower that’s sifting
We look to the future with a wink and a sigh
Dread hearing those words, so-long and goodbye

I remember those days of you being there
When life tore me up, leaving me bare
I leaned on you without air in my soul
And watched this life, take its toll

I learned to stand tall by the words that you gave
To earn my way and always be brave
I thank you so dearly for your compassionate ways
And will always treasure those special days

So as time runs out and I hope we keep pace
While people keep dragging us into this race
We’ll always think well of the time we spent
Friends like us, one hundred percent

No comments: