Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Alz Is Not Well


He sits in the dark,the light turned on
Remembering of days gone by
He thinks of the times that are long since gone
But all that eeks out is a sigh

He was an aspiring man of dreams
His future was neon bright
But now all he has is the midnight screams
And losing his will to fight

Why do so many succumb to the void
With no solutions to this mess
Their minds are putty that can be toyed
That leaves them with a whole lot less

Billions of dollars placed on the table
To remove the poor souls from the mist
Trying to remind them when they were able
To appreciate what it is like to be kissed

There are times I forget on why I got up
And what I was meaning to do
Then I remember to retrieve the cup
To use to heat up my stew

Is that a sign that I’ll be one of those
Who stumble around in the light
Searching for times when I could compose
These poems that I like to write

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaspar Hauser spoke to me
the other day.
He warned me against
feeling Jack's pain.

He said 'the analytics
of this world
dissect the truth.
Accept the love,
try and find peace.
For this is all you can do.

Most men are born without,
so be humble and don't shout.
you'll not take your pride with you
when you leave the table.
Focus within, raise your arms,
turn your face to the wind,
and let yourself be caught
in the slipstream of angels'.