Thursday, August 20, 2020

No Matter How

 I'm lost in a gaze but can't be seen

Illuminated haze that's not so keen

Arms stretched far to feel the way through

No matter how I strain, I can't see you


Tender songs that I don't hear

The melodic tone that falls to the rear

I cradle my ears to cling to what's true

No matter how I listen, I can't hear you


Sweetness her breath I just can't smell

Bland aroma makes it hard to tell

Roses and perfumes never break through

No matter how I inhale, I can't breathe you


Velvet petals are numb to the touch

Each finger stretches but not too much

Soft and supple is the skin so new

No matter how I touch, I can't feel you


Radiant smile and eyes that invite

Softly motions like angelic sprite

All my senses have become askew

No matter how I dream, I can't have you




No comments: