Thursday, June 15, 2006

Niece Like You

Ten plus six makes a very short time
Fair and sweet as I watched you climb
Before my eyes you sprouted new wings
Decked in baubles and matching gold rings

Awkward stage complete with braces
Special shoes and off to the races
Style and grace remains the same
You’re my niece, I proudly exclaim

Loving photos of you and my son
Fleeting moments in the shining sun
Watching you grow to the woman you’ll be
Success will follow, I cannot disagree

Treasure these days and those tomorrow
For they are gifts that we only borrow
Be true to yourself and never waver
Cause times like this are for you to savor

So on this day of a life beginning
Let them wonder why you are grinning
While many fail with being so young
You remain poised and totally unsung

Pleasure it is to be a part of your life
To listen and support with any strife
And during this time of great celebration
I love being your Aunt without hesitation

No comments: